Do you want to know how a heat pump would perform for you?
Choosing a heat pump with confidence.
With the help of a piece of software called HeatPunk, I can help you to forecast how a heat pump would perform in your home or business. This is for people who are already receiving an energy advice package from me. This service is not available without an energy advice package.
What you’ll get
Using the Heat Punk software, I will show you what to expect if you install a heat pump in your home or business. You will get a personalised report from me showing:
- What size heat pump you would need to provide space heating and hot water to your home or business
- What size and type of radiators you will need, and whether you will need to have new radiators
- What flow temperature you should have on your heat pump – correct flow temperature is vital in a heat pump as this one of the key factors in making heat pumps so much more efficient than any other heating system
- An assessment of whether the proposed heat pump will meet the sound regulations, and therefore avoid the need for a planning application.
- A detailed estimate of the performance of the heat pump, including estimate costs, whether you will be eligible for grant income, and running costs; you can then benchmark this against quotes that you receive from installers.
- All this is additional to the advice I provide in a regular energy advice package
- A recommendation from me about whether or not to proceed with a heat pump. If my conclusion is not to proceed then I will tell you so – I am independent and impartial and not linked to any manufacturer or installer.
My aim is to give you the confidence to make an informed decision on whether or not to proceed with a heat pump, and how to buy the right heat pump as a confident and assertive consumer.
Phil Beardmore FRSA, AIEMA, AMEI
Heat Punk screen shot
Heat Punk report screenshot
What I need from you
I need measurements of your house; walls, floor, room heights, windows, external doors, radiators.
If you can provide these then that’s great, if not then I can do them for you.
Which installer to use?
I will advise you on what to look out for in a heat pump installer.
If you’re in the West Midlands I will give you the names of installers I know to be reputable.
What is a Heat Punk?
A Heat Punk is anyone involved in ditching fossil fuels for heating our homes and businesses. Householders, businesses, energy advisors, installers.
Anyone can be a #HeatPunk (plural: #HeatPunks)
In using the Heat Punk software, I will use the following data on your home:
Your building fabric – the U-values of your walls, windows, roof, floor, doors.
Your current predicted heat demand – from your Energy Performance Certificate or using Heat-Engineer software
The size of your home, room by room
The sizes and types of your current radiators
The prices below are for homes with a floor space of 200 square metres or less (a large 4 bedroomed detached house would normally be just under 200 square metres), and for small businesses in premises with a floor space of 200 square metres or less.
Larger buildings …
If your building is bigger than 200 square metres, please contact me for a bespoke quote.
If your building is larger than 200 square metres …
Then it not only takes longer to measure but the building is more likely to be complex in shape.
It’s important for me to tell you that Heat Punk is free and there is nothing to stop you using it yourself. If you feel confident that you understand the U-values of your walls, windows, floors etc, then you could have a go yourself without my help. If you do decide that you need my help, what you are paying for is my time, expertise and know-how to use the software, and present the data to you in a form that is comprehensible to a layperson. It’s also important for me to tell you that if you proceed with having a heat pump installed, the installer will be required to produce their own design of the heat pump to ensure compliance with the Microgeneration Certification Scheme. This is ultimately a good thing as it means you are getting the best possible design.