You can now get thermal imaging energy advice packages for your home or business, at a reduced price. These packages are designed for people intending to apply for the Green Homes Grant, and include:
- Expert coaching
- Personalised advice
- Action Planning help
- Follow-up advice
- Email support
- Site visit with thermal imaging report.
What you’ll get:
✔ Site visit: We work together to develop a Climate Action Plan for your home or business. Actions will include both short-term quick wins and longer-term environmental goals; ranging from zero-cost actions, to investments with a longer financial return, that will save you money too, and help you decide how to spend the Green Homes Grant. This site visit will normally take around two hours. This is included in your subscription if you are within 50 miles of Birmingham, UK. If you are further than this, please contact meto discuss a bespoke quote, or go for one of my online coaching packages.
✔ Personalised Action Plan. After this first session, I will provide you with a personalised draft report and Climate Action Plan including my recommendations. Your Climate Action Plan will include personalised tips for you and advice on how to monitor that your actions are making a difference, including an estimate of the percentage reduction in your carbon dioxide emissions. At this stage I will also advise you of anything that you should not do, or that you should stop doing. For householders, I will advise you of how you can use any grants, such as the Green Homes Grant, most effectively for your home.
- ✔ Thermography report, with thermal images showing where energy is being wasted in your building including walls, roof, windows, doors, floor, pipework. The thermography report also includes recommendations on what can be done to address the issues highlighted by the thermal images. Thermal imaging is usually carried out after dusk between November and March.
- ✔ Email support from me.
- ✔ Session 2. A follow-up coaching session at a mutually agreed time, usually 3-6 months after the home visit. In this session we will review your progress, and discuss your next steps. This session is around 30 minutes and will normally take place by Zoom.✔ Revisions to your Climate Action Plan as agreed at Session 2.If you haven’t used Zoom before then don’t worry, I will send you full instructions and tips.Things I will advise you on include:
✔ Energy Efficiency – quick wins that you can do now for zero-cost or low-cost; and long-term investments in your home or business.
✔ Is renewable energy right for your building? Solar panels? Heat pumps? Biomass?
✔ Water saving – water waste is the hidden environmental cost that many people forget. It’s easy to save water and if you are metered then it will save you money too.
✔ Green travel planning including electric vehicles.
✔ Energy tariffs and buying – are you on the best tariff?
Is there a “free” thermal imaging option?
I don’t do a free thermal imaging package – this is why. Some insulation companies do it – you don’t get an advice package with it. With my advice packages you get the benefit of my time and expertise which you don’t with an insulation company. The insulation companies are funded by multinational energy companies to do thermal imaging, funded by energy bill payers. What you actually get is not simply a free thermal image – it’s a sales call to sell you insulation. I am in favour of people insulating their homes, but what I offer is a whole-house approach to energy saving. If I recommend measures such as insulation to you as part of my energy advice package, then I will help you to find a reputable contractors for any physical measures such as insulation, heating, solar panels. If you want a free thermal image then please feel free to book with one of these bill payer funded insulation companies – but please be aware you are not getting a full advice package and you will be getting a sales visit.
My goal is give you the confidence to control rising energy and water costs in your home or business.
I give you the confidence to take action on energy saving that will make a lasting difference – to your financial bottom line, and to do your bit on climate change. I specialise in energy saving, renewable energy, water saving, energy buying, and monitoring energy savings.
Who am I?
I founded Energy Confidence to help you feel that you are doing the right thing to save energy and water in your home or business. I have two decades experience working in energy, and have won awards from Birmingham City Council and Sustainability West Midlands. I am an expert in energy saving, renewable energy, energy buying, water saving, and sustainable transport. I’m a thought leader as well as an energy expert. I have set up and delivered a wide range of energy-related projects.
- I am one of life’s doers. I like to work out what to do next, and then get on and do it.
- If I see something that needs change, I will say it needs changing, and I will change it if I can.
- I deliver on my promises, on time and within budget.
- I don’t “chase the money”.
- I am not afraid to give bad news. If I think it isn’t going to work, I will tell you, and suggest alternatives.
- I prefer cooperation over competition. I want everyone to win at life.
If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can pay by debit or credit card using PayPal. Click on pay by card or checkout as a guest if invited. All services are subject to availability – I will endeavour to book you in at a mutually convenient date.
What I will need from you is copies of your bills for gas, electricity, water and any other relevant fuels you use – e.g. heating oil, wood pellets. Also an idea of your vehicle mileage if you want to include transport in your Climate Action Plan. Ideally I need your last 12 months’ bills. This enables me to develop a baseline for your carbon dioxide emissions, so I can estimate how much carbon dioxide you will save through your action plan. Once you have booked I will be in touch to ask you for these things. Don’t worry if you can’t find them.