Recent research shows that only 4% of sustainability initiatives undertaken by businesses, are successful. We need to raise the success rate because there is a hidden cost of failed initiatives.
In my experience, low carbon initiatives fail in businesses, non-profits, and public bodies because:
- There is not a strategic approach to sustainability
- Often, businesses don’t know where to start
- Existing organisational culture gets in the way and prevents deep change.
“Culture eats strategy for breakfast” – Peter Drucker
Peter Drucker was right – organisational culture eats low-carbon strategy for breakfast.
Consumers want to buy from businesses that can prove that they are ethical and sustainable. If you work with me I will:
- Show you where to start
- Teach your organisation how to be strategic about sustainability, to think long-term and avoid initiative-itis
- Advise you which actions will make a difference for your organisation, and how to measure success
- Help you to identify and tackle organisational and cultural barriers to change
- Save you money by avoiding the wasted time and money involved in failed and unfinished initiatives.
Tell me what makes your business great, and we’ll work together to make it greener and more profitable.